Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Blog Etiquette

1. How do I set my music player to play songs in a random order instead of in the same order all the time? I'm sure everyone is sick of hearing the same song every time they go to my blog, I am.

2. When someone asks a question when commenting on a blog, what is the best way to answer? Would it be to comment on my blog, or on their blog, or in a personal email or message or phone call?

What are your thoughts? Anyone else have any questions about blogging they want answered? Let discuss...

5 comments:

Lance and Selena Thayne said...

I don't know about the music, but I think that it may be best to comment on the previous comments made on your blog via personal e-mail...just so that people don't have their comments available for all to see. However, thinking more about it, if people leave a comment, they already know--or should know-- that it can be seen by everyone, so they shouldn't expect privacy...It could go both ways, but I personally like to keep my life as private as possible because there are some real "winners" out there that may want to do something with the info. Sorry so Long :)

Anna said...

Ha! Interesting post. I don't know how to deal with questions in comments either. I generally just ignore them. This is probably a bad choice.

Lisa said...

You can put your playlist on random before you copy the html code. It is above where you choose what color your player is. Hope that helps!

Laura said...

I don't know about the music. With the questions in the comments, I answer them in the comments for the most recent post of the person that left them. I don't know if this is proper, but it is easiest for me to do.

Something that I don't know how to do is how to link things to words. so that if you click on a word it will take you to something else. Bridget does this a lot. I am always wondering how she does it.

Lisa K said...

If someone asks me a question on a post I answer it on the same post. I started do that because on big-time "famous" blogs, that's what they do.