Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Jonah!!!

Jonah turned 1 on Saturday! We had a great party. I didn't have high expectations when we moved out here because I always imagined his first birthday surrounded by his grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, and neighbors. I didn't think that we would know a single soul here in Georgia by the time his birthday came, but it turns out that we have made a few, but really great friends. All of who came, and it was a really great time. Best of all, Jerry's parents came all the way out here too!

One of Jonah's most defining characteristics is his love for food and feeding himself. However one that is even more prominent is his tendency to stare at new people. S T A R E. Most people think that it's because he is shy, but really he just really studies new people and things. He likes to figure it all out before he makes any moves.

I thought that he would dig in to his cake in record time, but with 12 people staring at him waiting for him to grab that cake and take a bite, he just stared right back.

"Here's your cake Jonah! Take a bite"


"No?"
"OK, what if I give you a fork?"

"No? OK, what if I put whip cream on top!"

"Just a little taste. No?"

He finally takes a small bite, and...

IT'S GOOD!!!!!!

He kept smiling the whole day.

Jonah and Colton really wanted to go outside and play with the big kids.


Our friends. Lexie and baby Robbie (Neighbors), Paige and Emily Tyler (they moved out here from Eagle Mountain at the same time as us) and Lexie's husband Rob. We also had the Howell's (whom [who or whom?] Jerry knows from Monterey) and Jerry's parents.

Jonah got a swing for his b-day, which he LOVES!



Happy Birthday my little one!

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe a year has already gone by. It's so funny how little kids never want to touch their birthday cake but on any other day they would have gobbled it up. I love his little smile. So cute!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Jonah! I can't believe how fast time flies. How nice to have Jerry's parents fly out for his birthday. I love the pictures that you took of Jonah and the cake. How funny.

Honey! said...

Happy Birthday Jonah!!! What a freaking cutie pie! And that cake looks delicious!

Lance and Selena Thayne said...

Holy Crap! It is that time isn't it! Logan will be 1 on the 5th...wow that went fast! He is a handsome little man...and I can see you in him :) I hope you are doing well, because you sure look well!

Missy said...

His giggles are so adorable!! Happy Birthday little Jonah! William misses you and thinks you need to come over and play. :)

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear G & G Johnson could be there.

Lyndsie Miles said...

Oh, I can't believe it's been a year! I'm glad you guys have made a lot of friends! How sweet that Jerry's parents flew out to see you guys.
Jonah is such a cute little guy!

Anonymous said...

Katie I cannot believe it has been a year. And what a full year it has been for you. He is wonderfully, adorable and cute. The next phases comiing up are so fun. They learn so fast and amaze you each day. Miss you, let me know when you come to visit Utah and we will do lunch!

Vicki

Bridget said...

He looks just like Jerry. I can't believe he's a year old already! I still remember eating Yemeni food with you two at that tiny restaurant near JU when you told us you were pregnant. And now he's so big!