Thursday, September 30, 2010

Book Report

I was really excited to start writing book reviews. I have already read two books since I declared that I would start reviewing books here on this blog. But something strange happened. Whenever I think about writing it, I just find something else to do. It feels like I'm back in Jr. High and I have to write and present a book report. I never minded reading the books in school, but for some reason when it came to the report, I just didn't want to do it. I guess I just don't feel very confident in sharing what I think in writing. I don't feel qualified to share my opinion, because I generally enjoy almost everything I read. I know a good critic is quite a bit more picky. I also know that I am a pretty poor writer. I LOVE my book club and love discussing the books we read with them and with others, but when it comes to sharing my thoughts in writing, without any discussion or questions to trigger them, I am lost and I don't know where to start.


So, I am going to do it. I just haven't yet. Maybe I should give myself a "due date"...

1 comments:

Lisa K said...

I feel the same way. When I go to book club I think that others give a way better opinion than I do and that I only see the surface of a book. And you know what? That's ok! I sum up books on my blog by just describing the book how I would say it to a friend. You can keep it short and just say why you liked it(or didn't). Hope that helps!